Sunday, December 27, 2009

Looking forward to 2010

2010 will bring a few changes for Larry and I. I had been taking classes for the past few semesters to finish up a few pre-reqs to apply for nursing school. After looking into a few programs and realizing the commitment of three years I would have to make to staying here in Chicago (AAAHHHH!!!), I realized to go a different route. I have always been enamored by the O.R., and was even able to observe a few surgeries with my orthopedic surgeon back when I was originally a nursing major my freshman year of college. My surgeons surgical tech at the time told me I should really look into surgical tech programs, so I did...10 years later! I was admitted into the program at the local community college and classes start on January 14th! It is a very intense program with class for 7 hours, 5 days a week, and then once clinicals start, I will be in the classroom for 7 hours, 2 days a week, and in the O.R. for 8 hours, 3 days a week. This obviously meant I could not work full-time, so my last day with Varsity is December 31st. Luckily, our offices are closed, so my last two weeks of work are paid vacation days! Woohoo! Leaving my full-time job also means cutting our income in more than half, so we will be living a bit different than we had been. We downsized to a one bedroom apartment, and I will not be able to take as many trips to Macy's. For those of you questioning my shopping locale, our Macy's out here in Chicago is a trillion times better than Nordy's! I love to find a good deal, shop sales, and clip coupons, so hopefully that will come in handy this year of being poor :)! Larry and I are very excited about this new journey, and starting my career in healthcare! I will post pictures of our new place once we get our storage closet and can clear it out a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment