Well, I guess that time has come. About a month ago (yes, I've been denying it for that long), Larry and I were grocery shopping. We were strolling down an aisle when he looked at me, stopped dead in his tracks and said, "Stop! Don't move." I was about to panic, close to screaming and jumping around thinking I must have had a spider or bug on me. Don't worry, no bugs. It was a gray hair. I didn't believe him and made him pull it out in the middle of the grocery store...And sure enough, it was gray. I hid that little gray hair in my coat pocket for weeks. I still haven't figured out why, but I guess a part of me was mourning. I sure wish I had my camera with me that day to capture Larry's face. He looked at me, so sad, and said, "I thought redheads didn't get gray hair." He sounded SO disappointed. I guess that's something I should have disclosed before we got married haha?!
P.S. I now make it a point to point out every little gray hair on his head and face...He just shaves his head so he doesn't have to accept the gray hairs :)
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, so fun, growing up...er, old? Nah. Some people just go gray early. And oh, redheads do go gray, sad for Larry to find out! My mom has been dyeing her hair for years, though her nearly-twin-sister plucks out her (few) white hairs and hasn't colored her hair once. Go figure. Meanwhile, after this second baby was born, booyeah, several white hairs showed up right where I part my hair. That I think is hormonal rather than about age. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
ReplyDeleteBut there are plenty of women (and men, but no one ever cares if they go gray or white) who look awesome as white- or gray-headed people. Maybe you'll be one of those!
Totally amused that you kept the white hair in your pocket. I pulled out one and kept it on the bathroom counter to show David when he got home!
p.s. I just remembered that you have a blog! I'll be back. :)
I just saw your comment, so sorry it took me so long to write back! I'm going to blame my white hairs on hormones too, rather than age :)!
ReplyDelete