Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The American Club

Larry and I decided to head out in December to knock out yet another location from 1,000 Places to See Before you Die. This time, we drove a few hours north into Wisconsin to The American Club. This place was gorgeous! This is where the Kohler factory is, and the hotel used to be the boarding house for the male employees of the factory, back in the early 1900's. The hotel has gorgeous wood throughout, and the rooms were super plush! The best part were the bathrooms, which of course were outfitted in the highest end Kohler fixtures. Larry really doesn't get excited about hotels (not that I can blame him since he stays in more hotels than he does in our own bed!), but I love a nice hotel! In fact, I just got an e-mail that they are having a crazy good deal and I'm thinking about trying to justify $500 to go up there for a couple nights...Hmmm...Back to my lesson on frugality, I think my husband definitely will not go for it!

Our pretty room...Recessed lighting above the bed with individual switches by the nightstand...I was pretty much designing our dream home around the small details in this place! Loved it!

The super posh bathroom. While the faucet was gorgeous, it didn't function super well.

The hallway outside the room.

They had beautifully decorated Christmas trees in the sitting areas throughout the hotel, and we even got to have egg nog and treats while listening to caroler's sing.

The Kohler factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment