Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finally playing catch up!

This post is so late! Better than never, right?! Larry and I had to change our typical fall trip to Hawaii for something not as glamorous. Since we moved back to the city, we didn't need two cars (or more like, we couldn't stand the thought of trying to find parking for a truck!). We decided to use Larry's vacation to drive the truck to his parents in Tampa, and then head off to Puerto Rico. Our drive was interesting...To say the least. We were going to attempt to drive straight through, and we tried, but there was just no way we were going to make it happen. Well, when we had reached the point of either stopping or driving through, we were in Macon, Georgia. We were a little nervous about stopping here, but were pleasantly surprised at how nice everyone was in the hotel the night we checked in. Boy, was it a different story at breakfast the next morning! We sat down, and I swear, you would have thought we were a side show by the way people were staring at us...I mean, basically stopping in front of our table with googly eyes staring. Hello???!!!! Have you never seen two humans eating breakfast before? It's shocking and sad to me that there are still places in this country that look at interracial couples with such pure shock. All I can say is that if we ever have children, we will do our best to make them as educated and worldly as possible!


An absolutely beautiful sunset while driving through Tennessee

Clearly, we would not be stopping here, for gas or anything else!

The leaves through Kentucky and Tennessee were changing and the drive was much prettier than I was expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment