Sunday, November 4, 2012

St. Louis

Larry had been wanting to go to St. Louis for awhile, and since I am down there for business a few times a year, we took advantage of it and made a little trip out of it. I got a great deal at the Hilton at the Ballpark, and there just happened to be a game the day we checked in, so we went to the rooftop bar for lunch and had a great view. After lunch, we ventured down to the arch, which was just two blocks from the hotel. Larry had to go up in the arch by himself as I was pretty certain I would have a panic attack in the little cart that you take up to the top. He seemed to enjoy it and was up there a looooooong time talking to one of the park rangers.

We also stopped by the Cahokia Mounds, which are very close to a few of my work accounts. It's an old Native American settlement and is very interesting. We will more than likely be back there as we didn't spend as much time as there as we would have liked to. 

One of my cheerleader friends from college lives there, and we went to her and her husbands house for dinner. We had a really great time with them and spent many hours laughing and rolling our eyes at our husbands :)! So thankful that I have a college friend so close (yes, 5 hours seems close!). We will hopefully be seeing much more of them on all of my work trips in that area!

 At the Cahokia Mounds Site
 View of the ballpark from the rooftop bar
St. Louis Arch

No comments:

Post a Comment