Larry and I went and saw Joffrey Ballet perform "Human Landscapes" back in October. Am I that behind?! Yes, yes, I am. It was three ballets, Forgotten Land, Pretty Ballet, and The Green Table. We were so excited because Rahm Emanuel was a surprise guest and opened the show talking about Joffrey's involvement in dance education within the Chicago public school system. I felt very lucky to see him speak, even if it was just for a few minutes and not political.
Back to the ballet. The first piece was just okay. Pretty Ballet was just that, but as a former dancer and someone who sells and fits people for pointe shoes, I love to be able to see the line of the leg extending all the way through the foot. They had on SUPER long tulle skirts which completely kept me from seeing their feet. May sound crazy, but it drove me nuts! Either way, Victoria Jaiani danced it absolutely beautifully! The Green Table was incredible! It was such an interesting piece, and the dancers were all fabulous. To learn about the dance, click here.
My life pretty much revolves around ballet right now, but it was fun to go, relax, and watch (even though I was staring at their feet and trying to determine what shoe brand they were wearing!). Larry was a trooper, and unless it's a story ballet, I think I may have a hard time dragging him with me again!
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment