Day Two of our non-rev road trip was a busy one. Larry wanted to stop and see Battle of Little Bighorn, and we both wanted to see Crazy Horse Monument and Mt. Rushmore before catching our afternoon flight. This meant departing Billings at 7:00am after only 6 hours of sleep. Lack of sleep on top of an insane amount of Robitussin and Sudafed had me feeling PRETTY relaxed...or wired...or tired...I never quite figured it out.
It was at this point we decided to stop at a McDonalds to check ourselves in for the flight that was leaving in less than 2 hours...What do you mean the flight is now oversold?! There were 7 open seats 4 hours ago!!! At this point, our only option was to keep driving...to Sioux Falls, SD; the closest airport with open flights for the NEXT day.
This picture was taken through the windshield and I think it turned out so pretty! We were so excited to see that we only had about 200 miles to go, so I asked Larry to take a picture. We had no idea how gorgeous the clouds were going to look!
Miles and miles and miles and miles of sunflower fields. They were so pretty. I had a lengthy conversation with Larry (but really myself) about how I couldn't believe they wasted so much acreage to plant sunflowers just for the beauty of them, but how I was so grateful that the farmers thought about us road travelers. After a 10 minute rant about how nice that is of farmers, Larry reminded me of these things called sunflower seeds. You mean they don't just plant these for the beauty?! Wow! Who would have thought?!
No comments:
Post a Comment