We hope to visit many more of the 965 locations left to see over this next year, so I hope to be posting many more not so exciting pictures!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Ravinia
Larry and I decided a couple of years ago to attempt to see as many places as we could out of the book, 1,000 Places To See Before You Die in the USA and Canada. We have managed to make it to 35 locations...Only 965 more to go! One of these locations is Ravinia, one of the biggest outdoor musical festivals in the world! Some 600,000 people attend concerts here each summer. We went with our friends Aimee and Eli to see Sheryl Crow and Colbie Caillat. We had lawn tickets, which don't allow you to see the stage, but have a much more interesting and fun atmosphere. People get there hours (we were there 3 hours before the concert) before to set up blankets, chairs, and mini tables, along with lanterns, candles, vases with fresh flowers, tablecloths, the whole shebang. It rained and stormed (hence the crazy, frizzy ponytail I'm sporting), but that didn't stop anyone from enjoying their wine and food!




We hope to visit many more of the 965 locations left to see over this next year, so I hope to be posting many more not so exciting pictures!
We hope to visit many more of the 965 locations left to see over this next year, so I hope to be posting many more not so exciting pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment