Saturday, February 4, 2012

The BIG reveal!

No, we are not having a baby. I decided to create a "30 before 30" list. I spent some time making a realistic list, since this 30th birthday will be here in less than 5 months. Here it is! I will be updating my blog with stories of my adventures completing the items on the list. Here goes nothin'...or 30 things!

1) Read 30 books and review them on my blog
2) Take a quick trip to Europe
3) Visit the Caribbean
4) Take at least 30 yoga classes
5) See a ballet or Broadway show
6) Lose 10 pounds
7) Run a 5k in Rockstar Ronan's name (www.rockstarronan.com)
8)Volunteer in our neighborhood
9) Get a massage (Larry has made me super cheap. I'm going to splurge.)
10) Fly as a passenger when Larry is piloting the airplane (Can't believe I haven't done this!)
11) Use my Rosetta Stone and spruce up my French (see #2)
12) Send 30 handwritten notes
13) Get a mani/pedi (see side note in #9)
14) Learn a song on my ukelele (yes, I own one. I'm slightly obsessed with anything Hawaiian)
15) Visit the Chicago Art Museum
16) Call my grandma once a week
17) Go to Lincoln Park Zoo
18) Go to a local Alpha Phi Alumnae event
19) Go to a Cub's game (can't believe I haven't done this yet either!)
20) Take a ballet class at Joffrey Ballet (stressed about this. 29 in a leotard?!)
21) Take the Amtrak for an overnight trip
22) Try a new restaurant in the neighborhood (support local businesses!)
23) Go vegetarian for 30 days
24) Go to the Adler Planetarium
25) Make cakepops
26) Meet my favorite author, Jen Lancaster (visit her hilarious blog here)
27) Write my will (I don't plan on dying soon, but I think it's important to be prepared!)
28) Fly to visit a friend (I have a slight fear of flying alone)
29) Write out my future business plan
30) Turn 30 and love every minute of it!

Wish me luck as I start this journey...Some items have already been completed. Stay tuned for blog posts and pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome list!! I"m definitely borrowing a few ideas. I started to realize some of mine were going to cost some moola but I don't want this to be a burrden! I'll post mine soon. I"m debating if I should wait until my birthday (March 16) to start...we shall see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big list. I look forward to the updates! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, you're going to be busy for the next five months! That's a lot of things. Good thing you've already checked off some!

    ReplyDelete