Monday, April 22, 2013

Seattle friend came to visit...And I didn't take one picture

My friend Ava from my Ben Bridge days was in Chicago for a work event, and stayed an extra day to visit. It was so fun! We wandered around the city on Friday, shopped on Michigan Ave, had a midday drink at the Signature Lounge on the 96th floor of the Hancock, bought cupcakes from Sprinkles (most amazing gluten free cupcake ever!), watched hours of news, went to the local bar (Fat Cat) for a drink, visited the local bakery the next morning (Baker and Nosh), saw The Book of Mormon (the second time I saw it), and then I drove her to the airport...But not before another stop at Sprinkles. I didn't take one picture and am so mad at myself! We had a great time and I hope she will be back to visit when the weather is nicer. She had a horrible mix of weather that week; severe thunderstorm warnings, major flooding, warm and humid, cold and snowing, and then finally a clear day on the day she left. We were laughing about how times have changed...instead of spending a Saturday nursing hangovers, we were watching news and going to a Broadway show!

No comments:

Post a Comment