On our trip to Wisconsin, we drove to Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wrights personal home. This was in our trusted book of things to see, and while we planned on doing the tour, our frugal sides won. One thing you will learn about Larry and I while reading about our travels, is that we are in and out type of people. Tours make us cringe, tourists make us nauseous, and the thought of timed, group tours REALLY make us run the other way. As was the case with Taliesin. The shortest tour they had was 3 (yes, THREE) hours! This tour was of the home and I believe some of the grounds. I would rather have a cavity filled than to spend three hours on a tour, no matter how cool it may have been. We spent about 15 minutes driving around the grounds, as close as we could possibly get to the home, and it was more than enough to make me happy!
The house and grounds were absolutely gorgeous! Frank Lloyd Wright had an architecture school on this property, and I can see how the scenery could make an artistic persons mind flow. Maybe one day they will have a tour where you can go through at your own pace. If so, I'm there!
The house and grounds were absolutely gorgeous! Frank Lloyd Wright had an architecture school on this property, and I can see how the scenery could make an artistic persons mind flow. Maybe one day they will have a tour where you can go through at your own pace. If so, I'm there!
Taliesin from the road. Gorgeous house in a gorgeous location. He only allowed brown cows on the grounds surrounding his home as he felt black and white cows were not as aesthetically pleasing with the colors of the area. Mr. Wright, I agree completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment