Our first stop was House on a Rock. This was a strange thing we found while researching Wisconsin on the internet and we thought we'd stop by. It wasn't in our trusty book (for the millionth time in 3 blog posts, 1,000 Places to See Before you Die), so we weren't determined to make it. We finally found it, and realized we're cheap. We didn't feel like spending $80 to roam through this creepy house with rooms filled with dollhouses, clowns (aaaahhhhh!!!), and a bunch of other random things. After a quick drive down the odd driveway and a few photo ops, we were off to our next stop...Taliesin.
Super strange art/flower pot creation on the driveway into House on The Rock. I thought they were super cool!
Larry in front of the entrance. Notice another one of the crazy flower pots. I sure would have loved to meet the guy who built this house. Seems like he was quite a strange man.
View from a viewpoint of the house. If you look carefully towards the middle of the picture, you can see part of the house jutting out from the rock.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Wisconsin Trip
I haven't been very creative with my post titles lately. The creative juice just isn't flowing, in case you haven't noticed the horrid background on my blog. I L.O.V.E. damask, but let's be serious, I've had the same background with mismatched widgets (I think that's what they're called!), and I need some serious updating. I sure wish one of my creative blog friends would help (hint, hint). Back to my post on Wisconsin. Larry and I decided to take a couple of days together to take a road trip somewhere green with hills. Wisconsin it was! This was a little anniversary trip for us, and we didn't feel like dealing with non-rev travel, so we opted for a drive. Honestly though, it was so pretty with gorgeous fall colors on the trees, rivers, and hills. I mention hills often because I miss them. You'd never think you'd miss hills until you move somewhere that is lacking hills of ANY kind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment