Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chicago Blizzard of 2011

I was lucky to have Larry home with me to enjoy this crazy snowstorm. We were snowed in and totally enjoyed ourselves! With nowhere to go, and the mall I work in closed (yes!!!!), we relaxed, and oh, spent about 3 hours shoveling Larry's truck out.



Larry just hanging out in the back of his truck



Standing on a snow mound, and yes, this was BEFORE they plowed!



Miss kitty was far from thrilled that I stuck her outside. She just didn't understand how she needed to take part in this epic storm. And yes, I'm officially that crazy lady who posts about her cat.






So many people were out attempting to dig their cars out. Most failed. And the more I'm looking at this, the more I realize how this picture makes me look like a total stalker. Let's be serious though, I work very part-time, have no kids, and a husband who's gone 20 days a month. What else should I be doing with my time?!









Funny story. By the time we walked to the only place open, Ace Hardware, we had two options for snow shovels. A super expensive flat one that wouldn't have helped at all...Or kid shovels. We went for the kid shovels. I swear, 25 people walked by, stopped, and laughed. But really, we were the ones laughing when we had our cars shoveled out and they were still slaving away with their fancy, expensive shovels. Bahahahahaha. Look who won this time!







Oh, and clearly this blizzard didn't happen on May 19th. I'm just about, oh, 4 months behind on my blogging :)




No comments:

Post a Comment