Thursday, May 19, 2011

Holy whirlwind travelers

The last day in California, we were up early, cleaned the house, and set out for our drive back to San Fran. We stopped in Bodega Bay (cutest little beach town on Earth!), so Larry could visit a few sites from The Birds. He's a huge Hitchcock fan, so I had to make time for it. Yes, "I" had to make time as I'm the driver in this family (maybe there will be a later post with an explanation on this). We barely made it to the airport...And by barely, I mean we pulled up to the rental car return 30 minutes before the departure time. And anyone who has been to SF airport, you know the rental car return is approximately 67 miles from the terminal. Well, we made it. We were the last people on the airplane. And no, this isn't the first time we've done these crazy "make it to the plane 10 minutes before departure" little jaunts. We're old and married...Something in life needs to be exciting, right?!






The gorgeous drive down the California coast



Free range cows eating grass and not corn. Love. This.


The home from The Birds








Larry re-creating the scene from The Birds





No comments:

Post a Comment