Thursday, May 19, 2011

Palm Springs

Larry and I took full advantage of open flights and the lure of warm weather to jet off to Palm Springs for a few nights. 90 degrees, dry, and lots of hiking opportunities made us very happy campers (not really, since I don't so much camp...i'm all about condos and nice resorts).
Blogger flipped all my pictures in crazy order, so it's going to be a little unorganized. Could I fix it? Sure. Do I feel like it? Nope!



Indian Canyons hike. Gorgeous.




I could have sat here all day and just soaked in the natural beauty. However, I have a husband who was raised far from this (think police helicopters, bars on houses windows, and not going out after dark), so he was all paranoid and thought every noise in the nearby bushes and cacti had to have been a rattlesnake. Let's just say hikes aren't very relaxing with him. You're destined to hear screeches that sound like they're coming from a 12 year old girl. He insists he hears all kinds of things...Snakes, mountain lions, bees (and I'M the allergic one!). I sure do love him though :)


Tahquitz Canyon. Yes, I was about to have a coronary. My pale ass hiking 3.5 miles in the middle of the day with no shade is never a good idea. I swear this translucent skin of mine soaks up the sun and dries out my innards.



Larry and I compromise. A lot. Okay, I do. I spent a couple of hours at the air museum with Larry. He has this unnamed friend who for some reason thinks my name is Polly, and continues to call me Polly (is anybody even named that, for real?!) after he's corrected that it's Amy. A.M.Y. Larry insisted I have my picture next to this plane.




Larry in front of one big ass helicopter.




On our hike in San Jacinto. It was super pretty, but we were a little concerned we were going to get lost. Honestly. And my husband into the mix, and he was making me a little paranoid!








The tram ride up the mountain























No comments:

Post a Comment