Christina and I went through Rush (ahem, I mean recruitment) together at Eastern almost 12 years ago. We joined different houses, but stayed friends and tried out and made the cheer squad Spring of our Freshman year. We became great friends and she stayed with me for a few weeks that summer for practices. She ended up leaving Eastern late that summer, but I saw her a year after she left when she came back to Eastern for a visit. We lost touch, but thanks to facebook got back in touch a few years ago. What a small world that she was now living in St. Louis and myself in Chicago!
A few years ago, she was asking for book recommendations on facebook, and I suggested Jen Lancaster's books (if you haven't read them, go buy them. Now.). She loved her books (let's be serious, though. Everyone who reads them, loves them!). Well, Jen was hosting a viewing party of Sixteen Candles (one of her fave movies) for 100 people here in Chicago to promote her latest book coming out in paperback. I told Christina she should come visit and we should go...and she agreed! I was so beyond excited!
We had a fabulous weekend of girl time, wine drinking, exploring Chicago, going to the local bar, good food. It was just a great time! I hope to get to St. Louis soon to visit her!
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment