Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tucson Trip

Larry and I were desperate for some sunshine, and we've also been on a hunt to find where we would eventually like to live...Which in turn took us to Tucson. In the few months I've been working and traveling for work, I have managed to acquire an incredible number of Hilton Honors points. Because of this, we were able to stay at a fabulous resort, the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador. It was gorgeous! We treated ourselves to massages, ate In N Out (my first meat since I did my 30, which turned into 36 days of Veggie!), went hiking, spent time with Larry's friends Matt and Mary, drove around, went to the Pima Air Museum, drove to Eloy and saw my aunt and uncle's new house being built and got to have dinner with both of my aunts and uncles. Whew. We were busy! We loved Tucson, but unfortunately, it's just not a great area for pilots to commute out of. Not many flights and they always seem full=Bad sign for commuters. We will be searching other areas in the Midwest, but we are thinking Vegas or Phoenix area. Here are some pictures from our little excursion!


The military boneyard in Tucson.
Getting ready to start our hike
Larry next to a cactus on the hike
The view from our room. It was beautiful!
This was a bit of a sad story. I was so excited for In N Out, but was so disappointed. I had been eating Vegetarian for over a month and I couldn't believe how gross I felt after eating it! Not to mention, in August I was introduced to Culver's, and I would much rather eat Culver's than In N Out. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment